Are you ever in the mood for authentic Spanish rice but just don’t have the time to make it? Well this recipe is my easy go-to Spanish rice recipe when I’m feeling lazy! I served this rice with my Spanish Style Chicken Drumstick recipe, sweet plantains, and sliced avocado. It was absolutely delicious! I also love making this rice recipe whenever I do a “taco night”, its always a hit! This is super easy to make, tastes authentic and is done in no time! Enjoy!
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of salted butter
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- 20 Spanish Manzanilla Pimiento Stuffed Olives (Green olives)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon of fresh minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons of small diced yellow onion
- 1 chicken boullion cube
- 1 teaspoon of tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon of fresh chopped cilantro
- 1 packet of Sazon Goya seasoning
- 3/4 teaspoon of kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon of ground cumin
- 1/2 cup of pigeon peas
- 2 cups of White Jasmine Rice (My favorite brand)
- 3 cups of water
- Set a small nonstick pot over medium heat on the stove. Add in butter and olive oil.
- Once butter and oil is melted, add in onion. Sauté until light golden brown.
- Once onion is golden, add in fresh minced garlic. Mix.
- Next, add in the rest of the ingredients EXCEPT FOR THE RICE! Mix.
- Bring heat up to high. Allow the water to come up to a boil.
- Once water is boiling, add in the rice and stir.
- Allow everything to come back up to a boil. Once boiling, reduce heat to low/simmer and immediately cover pot with lid. Cook for 15 minutes. (Be sure lid is on nice and tight and DO NOT TAKE THE LID OFF AT ALL WHILE COOKING!!)
- After 15 minutes, turn heat off and remove pot from hot burner. Leave the lid on and let the rice sit for 5-10 minutes.
- Gently fluff the pot of rice with a fork and serve!