This is honestly such a quick, easy and delicious dinner. Whenever I want a quick pasta I always go for some sort of pesto pasta. I wasn’t in the mood for any meat so I decided to top my pesto pasta off with shrimp! We all know how easy shrimp is to make as well. Believe it or not, even homemade pesto is super easy to make! This dish is packed with flavor and a great option for a quick dinner or even meal prepping during the week. Enjoy!
- 28 peeled and deveined raw large sized shrimp (I used the 21-25 count from Costco)
- 20 oz package of mixed cheese tortellini
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of fresh minced garlic
- 3/4 cup of basil pesto (I got mine from Costco)
- 5 oz package of baby spinach (about 3 cups)
- 1/2 cup julienned cut sun-dried tomatoes (drain oil off of tomatoes)
- 1/2 cup of chicken stock
- Salt & Pepper (your desired amount)
- Garlic powder (your desired amount)
- Red pepper flakes (your desired amount)
- Set a large pot of water over high heat and bring to a boil.
- Once water is boiling, follow the cooking instructions on cheese tortellini package.
- Cook & strain tortellini. Transfer back to pot.
- Toss tortellini in 1/2 cup of pesto and chicken stock.
- Set aside.
Shrimp: (while tortellini is boiling)
- Set a large sauté pan over medium/high heat. Add in olive oil.
- Once oil is hot, add shrimp into the pan. Cook until the shrimp turns pink (about 2-3 minutes per side).
- Once shrimp is cooked, add in garlic, 1/4 cup of pesto, spinach and sun-dried tomatoes.
- Mix thoroughly, turn heat down to low and allow spinach to wilt.
- Taste and season with your desired amount of salt/pepper, garlic powder, and red pepper flakes. Turn heat off.
- Plate tortellini and top with shrimp mixture.