Random, but… we’ve been on such a blueberry kick in our house lately. I always buy fresh berries every time I am in the grocery store but I feel like we’ve been flying through cartons of blueberries. We rarely crave sweets but the other day we were craving sugar. I decided to make home-made blueberry muffins. They came out absolutely delicious. We ate all twelve muffins in two days. (I know… thats terrible). The muffins just came out so good especially when they were warm. You can never go wrong with blueberry muffins especially when they’re home made. These are a lot easier and quicker than you’d expect! Hope you all enjoy as much as we did!
- 1 1/2 cups of all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup of white sugar
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt
- 1/2 cup of almond milk
- 2 teaspoons of ground flax seed
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup of butter melted
- 1 large egg
- 1 heaping cup of fresh blueberries
- 3/4 cup of old fashioned oats
- 12 cup muffin tin
- 12 cupcake/muffin liners
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Set oven to 400°F.
- Place cupcake/muffin liners in each cup. Lightly spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix all dry ingredients together. (Flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, ground flax seed, and oats.)
- In a separate mixing bowl, mix all wet ingredients together. (Egg, melted butter, almond milk, vanilla extract, and blueberries.)
- Mix all of the wet ingredients into the bowl of dry ingredients. Gently mix/ fold everything together to prevent breaking the blueberries.
- The batter will be pretty thick. Now, evenly distribute the batter into the 12 muffin cups.
- Once oven is up to temperature, place pan in the middle rack of oven.
- Cook for about 15-25 minutes OR until a toothpick/butter knife inserted in the center of the muffin comes out clean.