I absolutely love beef short ribs. I feel like most of the time, I usually cook them the same way, or in similar ways (red wine, garlic, herbs, and all of that good stuff)! This time, I bought a big pack of boneless short ribs from Costco and wanted to switch it up a little bit. I wasn’t sure what I was going to do with them but I knew I wanted to do something a little different. I randomly thought about Korean barbecue and how delicious it is! I had it all planned out in my head. Korean style flavored short ribs would be amazing, over a bed of brown rice with roasted broccoli. That’s exactly what I did, and it came out delicious. I baked these low and slow in the oven, finished them off for a few minutes in the broiler and that was it. You guys are going to be shocked at how easy it is to make this dish!
- 3 pounds of Boneless Beef Chuck Short Ribs (cut in half)
- 1/2 cup of fresh sliced green onions
- 5 tablespoons of pure sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons of fresh minced garlic
- 3/4 cup of low sodium soy sauce
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 2 teaspoon of crushed red pepper
- 2 heaping tablespoons of fresh minced ginger
- 2 tablespoons of rice wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons of fish sauce
- For garnish (Optional but recommended): Once short ribs are done cooking, top with desired amount of sliced green onions, salt/pepper, sesame seeds and red pepper flakes.
- Set oven to 325°F.
- Place boneless short ribs into a large deep baking dish.
- In a small mixing bowl, mix together green onions, sesame oil, garlic, soy sauce, brown sugar, crushed red pepper, ginger, rice wine vinegar and fish sauce.
- Pour liquid mixture into the pan of short ribs and mix around. Make sure that all sides of short ribs are coated.
- Tightly cover with tin foil. Bake in oven for 2 1/2 hours or until meat is tender/ falling apart.
- Once short ribs are done baking/ falling apart, remove from sauce & place them onto a non stick sheet pan and broil on high for about 3-5 minutes.
- Pour desired amount of sauce back onto the short ribs and garnish with green onions, sesame seeds, and red pepper flakes. Sprinkle with salt & pepper if desired.
- Serve with your favorite sides and enjoy!