Okay, I’m sure you all know about my kicks where I don’t want to eat meat by now. I don’t want to sound like a broken record, so I’ll just pretend that you guys remember me talking about it a million times. I woke up so sick the other day, didn’t want to eat meat, and just wanted something warm and comforting. I had tons of veggies in my refrigerator, so I wanted to do something with them. It was also raining out, so soup was just calling my name. I was so sick that I wasn’t even in the mood to be in the kitchen. That’s when my crockpot becomes my best friend. I literally threw a ton of veggies into the crockpot and fell asleep. I woke up and I had the most delicious vegetable soup. It was nourishing, simple and comforting. For my veggie lovers and healthy eaters, you guys will love this soup! Enjoy!
- 1 cup of medium diced celery
- 1 cup of medium diced carrots
- 1 cup of medium diced green beans
- 2 cups of medium diced zucchini
- 1/2 cup of small diced onion
- 4 cups of rough chopped green cabbage
- 4 cups of rough chopped kale
- 1 (15oz) can of light red kidney beans (drained)
- 1 (15 oz) can of petite diced tomatoes
- 6 cups of chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon of minced fresh garlic
- 1 tablespoon of fresh minced parsley
1/2 tablespoon of fresh minced thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of Adobo Seasoning (red cap)
- 2 dried bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon of tomato paste
- Parmesan Cheese (optional)
- Want more substance? Add 1/2 cup of cooked noodles/ pasta to your bowl of soup.
- Set crockpot to high heat.
- Add all of the ingredients directly into crock pot.
- Cover and cook on high for about 4-5 hours. Mix around periodically.
- Add more salt/pepper to taste if desired.
- Top bowl of soup with parmesan cheese.