Nothing screams comfort food like a slow cooked pot roast with gravy! It was a cold, raining day… so I figured that comfort food was the way to go for our Sunday dinner. Sundays are usually my days to catch up with things around the house, grocery shop, and do laundry — so what is better than a crockpot dinner?! This had my house smelling amazing, while I ran around doing chores. I really didn’t have to do much, but throw everything into the crockpot and check on it about 7 hours later! Can’t go wrong with this classic dish!
- 3-4 lb boneless chuck beef roast (mine was 3.8lbs)
- 4 large carrots (peeled & cut into chunks)
- 1 celery stock (cut into chunks)
- 1 whole white onion (cut into chunks)
- 1 sprig of fresh rosemary
- 2 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon of dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons of worcestershire sauce
- 3 cups of beef broth
- 1/2 tablespoon of steak seasoning (optional)
- 1/2 tablespoon of garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon of salt & pepper mix
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground mustard
- 1 packet of lipton onion soup mix
- 1-2 packets of ‘McCormick’s Brown Gravy’ (depends on how much gravy you want)
- Set your crockpot to LOW heat. Add carrots and celery into crock pot.
- Season roast with salt, garlic powder, ground mustard, oregano and steak seasoning. Place roast in crockpot.
- Add onion, thyme, rosemary, beef broth, lipton onion soup mix, and worcestershire sauce to crock pot.
- Cover pot with lid and leave heat on LOW. Cook for 6-7 hours / until meat is falls apart with a fork.
- Once done, pull roast out of crock pot and place in a separate pan. Pull meat apart into chunks. (Pull of fat – optional but recommended.) Once meat is pulled apart, take vegetables out of crockpot and place into the same pan as meat.
- For the gravy – Over medium heat, in a small sauce pan on the stove, add 1 cup of the juices left over in the crockpot and 1/3 cup of water. Next, gradually add 1 packet of ‘McCormick’s Brown Gravy’, while whisking as you’re adding the packet in.
- Add your desired amount of gravy on top of pot roast and veggies.
Highly Recommended: Serve over our Garlic Mashed Potatoes