If you’re looking for a fresh tasting, yet rich tasting dish… then this recipe is just right for you! I served this delicious shrimp over angel hair pasta with a yummy glass of red wine on the side! It was super easy to make, quick, and tasted “top notch” if I say so myself!
- 30 Raw Extra Large Sized Shrimp (26/30 count)
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of fresh minced garlic
- 1 cup of chicken broth
- ½ cup of diced sun-dried tomatoes (squeeze out excess oil)
- ½ cup of julienned fresh basil
- ½ tablespoon of fresh diced parsley
- 1 tablespoon of dried oregano
- ½ cup of heavy cream
- ¼ cup of grated parmesan cheese
- 3 cups of fresh baby spinach
- ½ cup of cherry tomatoes (cut in half)
- ¼ cup of shredded parmesan (optional)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- In a deep sauté pan – melt butter and olive oil over medium/high heat. Add in minced garlic and sauté until lightly golden.
- Add raw shrimp directly into pan and give it a good stir. Allow shrimp to cook for about 2 minutes, constantly turning shrimp over. Add chicken broth directly into pan, sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper (about ¼ teaspoon) and stir. Cook for about 2 minutes.
- Turn heat down to medium. Next, add in diced sun-dried tomatoes, basil, parsley, and oregano. Allow the sun-dried tomatoes to simmer for a minute, until broth starts to turn red.
- Next, add in heavy cream. Bring the liquid back up to a simmer. Add in grated Parmesan cheese and stir.
- Add in baby spinach, and cherry tomatoes and gently fold everything in together. Allow everything to simmer for about 4 minutes, while constantly stirring. Be sure that shrimp is 130°F and firm.
- Add additional salt/pepper if needed. Top with shredded Parmesan cheese if you’d like!
- Serve as an appetizer with charred bread, serve over angel hair pasta or pair with any other side you may like! Enjoy!