The best beverage ever is coffee, and the best cut of steak is a rib eye! So…. what’s better than a coffee rubbed rib eye? These steaks were packed with flavor! A mix of savory and sweet – you absolutely cannot go wrong with these bad boys!
- 4 lbs. of boneless Rib-Eye Steak (Four 1lb steaks)
- 4 tablespoons of ground espresso (Any dark roast coffee will do just fine!)
- 1 tablespoon of garlic powder
- 4 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon of chili powder
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 1 tablespoon of smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon of ground mustard
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- Set oven to 375°F.
- Make sure steaks stay out of the fridge for about 30 minutes before cooking.
- Pat steaks dry on all sides with paper towel.
- Using your 4 tablespoons of butter, brush butter evenly on all sides of each piece of steak. This is going to help your coffee rub stick to the steak.
- In a small mixing bowl, mix all spices together. Evenly sprinkle the spices on all sides of each steak. (Use all of the mixture & press it onto the steak well!)
- Heat a stovetop grill pan, outside grill, or a cast iron skillet to high heat. (I prefer using a stovetop grill pan.) Spray with oil to prevent sticking.
- Grill or sear steaks over high heat for 3-4 minutes on each side.
- (For Medium cooked steak) – Place steaks onto a baking sheet or baking pan and put in the oven. Cook steaks for an additional 6-10 minutes in the oven OR until internal temperature of steak is 145°F.
- Increase or decrease cooking time in order to finish steak to your liking. My cooking time will help achieve a medium cooked steak! J
- Let steak rest for about 5 minutes before slicing!!
Serve with our yummy hassle back sweet potatoes!