There is nothing like a delicious piece of salmon. I love roasted salmon for meal prepping or even quick dinners. You can never go wrong! I also love that you can do so much with salmon. I was in the mood for anything lime-flavored (weird craving, I know). Chili flavoring compliments lime so well, so I decided to make a chili lime salmon. I even added a little bit of honey to go for more of a sweet and savory dish. I served this delicious salmon over a bed of cilantro lime jasmine rice. It was easy, simple, flavorful and so delicious. This simple salmon recipe will be your new go-to, especially for meal prepping!
- 2lbs of wild caught salmon
- 2 limes (sliced xtra thin)
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground cumin
- 1/2-1 teaspoon of course kosher salt (add to taste – start with 1/2 teaspoon. If you want it saltier after cooking, add more salt.)
- 1 tablespoon of chili powder
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 1 tablespoon of fresh minced cilantro
- Set oven to 400°F.
- In a small bowl, mix all of the spices together (garlic powder, ground cumin, chili powder, and salt.)
- Line a sheet pan with aluminum foil. Spray the foil with nonstick cooking spray. Place salmon filet onto the pan.
- Drizzle the honey on top of the salmon filet. With your hands or a spatula, spread the honey evenly all over the salmon.
- Next, sprinkle the spice mixture evenly over the top of the salmon.
- Evenly distribute the sliced lime over the top of the salmon. Now, sprinkle the fresh minced cilantro over the top.
- Place into the oven and cook for about 15 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 145°F.