I’ve missed you all! Seriously! Its been a while. Just know that I’ve been working on something special for you guys, that I hope you love. I made these chicken fajita rolls, and served them with my Spanish rice recipe as well as blackened grilled corn. It was so much easier to make than it looks — I promise you! These are such a good meal prep option or even a quick dinner option when you’ve gotten home from work late. They’re super affordable to make and absolutely delicious!
For peppers and onions:
- 3/4 cup of julienned yellow onions
- 18 julienned pieces of bell pepper (colors of your choice – I used a mixture of red, yellow and green bell pepper)
- 1/2 teaspoon of Tonys creole seasoning
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
For the chicken:
- 4 medium sized thin sliced chicken breasts (trimmed of fat and tenderized)
- 1 teaspoon of Tonys creole seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon of granulated garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon of cumin
- 4 large toothpicks
- Set oven to 350°F.
- Set a large frying pan over medium/high heat.
- Once oil is hot, add in peppers, onions and 1/2 teaspoon of Tonys creole seasoning.
- Sauté peppers and onions until al dente (slightly tender but still a little bit crunchy). Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine 1 teaspoon of Tonys creole seasoning, granulated garlic powder, paprika and cumin. Mix.
- Evenly sprinkle spice mixture on both sides of each piece of chicken.
- Place peppers and onions onto one side of each piece of chicken. Roll tightly and secure with a toothpick at the end.
- Spray a baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Place the chicken flap side down into the baking dish.
- Bake for 15-25 minutes or until internal temperature of chicken is 165F.
- If you want the top of the chicken more brown, turn on broiler to high and broil for about 2-3 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Serves 2 people