Having a game night, watching a sports event, or having a small party with only appetizers / finger foods? These will be your go-to’s! These chicken tenders are FINGER LICKING good… to say the least. I couldn’t decide if I wanted BBQ or Buffalo chicken so I mixed both sauces together. They were sweet, spicy and absolutely mouth watering.
- 4 thin sliced chicken breasts
- 1 1/2 cup of panko bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon of dried parsley (optional)
- 2 large eggs
- pinch of salt & pepper
- 6 tablespoons of canola oil (for frying)
- 3/4 cup of Buffalo sauce
- 4 tablespoons of Barbecue sauce (I used sweet baby rays – original)
- Set oven to 375°F
- Lightly pound chicken breasts with a meat tenderizer (can purchase through my MUST HAVES page). Next, cut chicken breasts into medium sized strips.
- Set three small bowls aside. In one bowl add eggs (whisked) and a pinch of salt & pepper. In the second bowl add your panko breadcrumbs, garlic powder, parsley and paprika (mix together). In the third bowl, mix buffalo and bbq sauce together.
- Dip each piece of chicken into egg mixture, followed by the bread crumb mixture. Be sure to pat bread crumb mixture into chicken thoroughly and shake off excess crumbs. Set each piece of chicken aside onto a dry plate.
- In a large skillet on the stove, add 6 tablespoons of canola oil and set heat to Med/High.
- Lay out parchment paper or tin foil onto a flat sheet pan. Spray sheet pan with cooking spray or coast with a tiny bit of oil to prevent any sticking.
- Once the skillet is hot – place chicken into pan and fry on each side for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown.
- You will not be able to fit all chicken into one pan – therefore, fry chicken in batches. If oil runs low in between batches feel free to add more! As each piece of chicken is done frying, set aside onto sheet pan.
- Dip each piece of chicken into buffalo bbq mixture and place back on sheet pan.
- Place sheet pan into the oven and cook for 10 minutes. Be sure that the internal temperature of the chicken is 160-165°F.
- Serve with ranch, blue cheese or your favorite dipping sauce along with fresh veggies! Enjoy!