I was feeling festive, so I made these yummy fish tacos for Cinco De Mayo! These were so easy to make, quick, simple and affordable. Oh… and I forgot to mention – they were absolutely mouthwatering and tasted so fresh! These will definitely be made a lot more often in my house!
- 1 ½ lbs. of Tilapia Fish (about 6 pieces of fish)
- ¾ tablespoon of “Tony Chachere’s Original Creole Seasoning”
- ½ tablespoon of cumin
- ½ tablespoon of garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons of canola oil (vegetable oil or olive oil will also be fine)
- 12 white corn tortillas
- 2 limes
- 2 cups of green cabbage (shredded)
- 1 ½ cups of purple cabbage (shredded)
- 1 cup of carrots (shredded)
- ¼ cup of cilantro
- 2/3 cup of mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon of chipotle peppers in adobo sauce (only use the sauce, not the actual peppers)
- 1 tablespoon of lime juice
- ¼ teaspoon of garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon of sugar
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- 1 whole large avocado (sliced)
- In a mixing bowl stir together mayonnaise, chipotle adobo sauce, lime-juice, garlic powder, sugar, and salt.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine green cabbage, purple cabbage, carrots and cilantro. Pour mixture from step one over the slaw and gently fold all ingredients together. Place the slaw in the refrigerator.
- Pat fish dry on both sides with paper towel. Mix all spices together (Tony’s Creole Seasoning, cumin, and garlic powder) and sprinkle evenly on both sides of each piece of fish.
- Place a large skillet on stove and set heat to Medium-High. Add 2 tablespoons of oil into pan. Once pan is hot, place fish in pan and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side. Make sure internal temperate of fish is 145°F.
- Once fish is all done cooking – remove from pan, set aside and pull fish apart into chucks with a fork.
- In a clean skillet, spray with cooking spray. Set heat to Medium-High and cook corn tortillas for 2 minutes on each side.
- Assemble tacos. Layer fish on the bottom. Next, top with chipotle slaw, slivered avocado, and a lime wedge to squeeze over tacos! Enjoy.