I must admit, that there are many times that I just don’t want to eat meat. I go on kicks where I can eat veggies, veggies and more veggies. These delicious and flavor-filled bean burgers are packed with protein and really satisfy my veggie kicks as well as fattening burger cravings! These are absolutely mouth watering. I served these bad boys on whole wheat burger buns, with jalapeno aioli, lettuce, tomato and avocado. MUST TRY!
- 4 small cans of black beans (15.5oz cans)
- 1 whole (medium sized) red bell pepper
- 1 white onion (small sized onion)
- 6 cloves of garlic
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups of Italian breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon of cumin
- 1 tablespoon of chili powder
- 2 teaspoons of Sriracha hot sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
- Set oven to 350ºF.
- Drain and rinse black beans in a strainer.
- Add beans into a food processor (if you own one). Blend until smooth consistency, leaving a small amount of black beans whole. Set beans aside in a mixing bowl. *If you do not own a food processor, mash black beans with a fork or masher until smooth, leaving a small amount of chunks.*
- In the same food processor, add red pepper, onion and garlic cloves. Before adding these ingredients into food processor, make sure to cut them into large chunks to ensure it blends properly. Blend until wet/smooth, but make sure to not over blend until soupy. Add into bowl of black beans. *Again, if you do not own a food processor, chop red peppers, onion and garlic as fine as you can leaving no large chunks.*
- Next, add the rest of your ingredients into the bowl- cumin, chili powder, eggs, salt/pepper, Sriracha, and Italian breadcrumbs.
- On a baking sheet, lay down parchment paper or non-stick aluminum foil. Spray with cooking spray to prevent sticking.
- Portion out mixture into 12 balls and form into flat patties. (Recipe yields 12 burgers: cut down recipe for less!)
- Bake burgers for 20 minutes total. Flip burgers at 1o minutes. (Cook for 10 minutes on each side.)