There is nothing better than sweet potatoes for a side. I tend to cook sweet potatoes on the side to many meals in my house. I thought it was time to spice things up… even if that meant just cutting my sweet potatoes a little differently. I absolutely love hasselback potatoes and how easy it is to eat them. On top of that, they look pretty and they look fancy… but wow are these simple!!!
- 4 medium-large sized sweet potatoes
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- 2 teaspoons of minced thyme
- 3 tablespoons of brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of minced parsley
- Pinch of salt & pepper
- Set oven to 450°F.
- Rinse your sweet potatoes thoroughly.
- Slice each potato into thin slices. Leave ¼ of the bottom of the potato unsliced.
- Wrap each potato in a wet paper towel and place potatoes on a microwavable dish. Microwave potatoes on high for 10-20 minutes. (Until soft/ until you can pierce with a fork!)
- While potatoes are in microwave – Melt butter, thyme, brown sugar, and cinnamon in a small saucepan on the stove over low heat.
- Once potatoes are done cooking in microwave, carefully place potatoes into an ovenproof baking dish. Pour butter mixture evenly over potatoes.
- Cook potatoes for an additional 10 minutes in the oven for crispy skin.
(If you want the skin to be darker/crispier, broil potatoes on high for about 5-7 minutes!)
- Take potatoes out of oven and sprinkle with salt, pepper and minced parsley!