I’m a huge fan of oatmeal cookies, but I have never been a fan of raisins. So, what better substitute than chocolate?! I happened to have a couple of over ripe bananas on my counter. I couldn’t decide between chocolate chip banana bread or oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, until a light bulb went off. BANANA BREAD OATMEAL CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES! These were such a hit in the house! The whole batch was gone in 2 days!
- 2 cups of plain oats
- 2 cups of flour
- 3 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon of nutmeg
- 4 tablespoons of butter (melted)
- 2 1/2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 1 cup of maple syrup
- 1/2 cup of ripe banana (mashed)
- 1 large egg white (no yolk)
- 1/3 cup of mini chocolate chips
- Set oven to 325°F.
- In a mixing bowl, combine all of your dry ingredients – Oats, flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, combine all of your wet ingredients – Butter, maple syrup, vanilla, banana, and egg white. (Make sure banana is mashed thoroughly, no big chunks!)
- Combine your dry and wet ingredients together. Fold/mix everything together with a plastic spatula. Next, fold in the chocolate chips.
- With a cookie scoop, portion out cookie dough into about 20 even scoops. Place cookie scoops onto a lined sheet pan. (Line pan with tin foil or parchment paper & spray lightly with cooking spray.)
- Place in 325°F oven for 15-20 minutes. Rotate pans half way through cooking process.